Heavens Best Carpet Cleaning of Denver answers questions all the time by phone, to help any customer, with holiday cleaning problems. Whether it’s Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Super Bowl, Valentine’s Day, or Easter someone in the family/friends is bound to have a accident. Small spills and splashes on carpet may not come out but here are some simple tips to try before having Heaven’s Best come out.
Here are some common mistakes to avoid when treating a problem:
• Do not over-saturate the stain with cleaning products. This just makes a small spot larger.
• Do not rub the carpet. This can cause damage to the texture of the carpet.
• Do not put water on a dry soil. Rather, make sure to vacuum it first.
Now for some simple cleaning solutions:
1. First, remove as much stain material as possible. If it is dry, vacuum up as much as you can. If it is semi-solid, scrape or scoop it up with a spoon or dull knife. If it is liquid, blot it up.
2. Next, blot the stain with cool water, and then blot dry.
3. If you have your Heaven’s Best cleaner handy you can use it or try making FOAM using a mixture of 1/4 teaspoon liquid dishwashing soap in a cup of tepid water. Apply only the FOAM, not the water, with a sponge or soft brush to the stained area in a wiping motion going toward the center of the spot. If you start in the center with circular motions, the stain will spread.
4. Finally, blot with cool water, then blot dry.
In addition to stains, parties mean more foot traffic in your home. As people come and go during the holidays, you will likely notice extra soil on carpets and other flooring. Frequent vacuuming will help with this and is also a great way to keep the air in your home clean. A thorough vacuuming can remove most particulates in carpet, and this can also make carpet a good option even for allergy sufferers. This is especially true during the long months of winter when we spend most of our time indoors.